Canon PIXMA E461 Setup and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – The Canon PIXMA Ink Effective E461 is just one of the most flexible printers that can additionally be utilized as a Check in addition to Copy as it includes a flatbed type scanner externally. Furthermore, the printer is additionally claimed to have good printing rate as well as top quality along with economical, including its wheelchair ability to be able to print using a mobile device with Wi-Fi feature.
The Canon PIXMA E461 is a tiny, multifunctional cordless printer that utilizes real simplicity in addition to is incredibly budget-friendly. This printer is created to offer individuals with terrific economic cost savings and also printing flexibility with cost effective ink cartridges. Duplicate, check as well as likewise publish from virtually throughout your residence thanks to its cordless link. Additionally, with an optimal color resolution of 4800 x 600 dpi, this printer allows you to create stunning prints in your house. The PIXMA E461 provides the convenience of PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS). PPS assists in the printing of photos or records straight from your cell phone, virtually from anywhere you are.
PIXMA Printing solution for publishing photos/documents directly from the smart phone, also printing likewise delighted in the Cloud/cloud services on the internet through your trusted social media networks making use of only utilizes application. Easy-PhotoPrint + likewise takes you to more quickly edit as well as print pictures via wireless network has Net accessibility. Publish excellent quality optimum shade resolution Approximately 4800 x 600 dpi create sensational prints.
Canon PIXMA E461 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon Pixma E461 Specifications
Print Speed (up to)
Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm
Number of Nozzles
Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280
Picoliter Size (color)
2 and 5
Print Resolution (Up to)
Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
PG-44 Pigment Black
CL-54 Color Ink
4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Easy-PhotoPrint+, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quiet Mode, Wireless Auto Power On, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing, Easy PhotoPrint+
Output Tray Capacity
60 Sheets Plain Paper
Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
Optical: 600 x 1200 dpi
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
Auto Scan Mode
48-bit Input / 24-bit Output
Max. Document Size
8.5″ x 11.7″
Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Rated EPEAT Silver, Wireless Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions
Windows: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Mac: Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) Hi-Speed USB PictBridge (Wireless LAN)
Dimension (W x D x H)
6.8″ (W) x 12.1″ (D) x 5.8″ (H)
Step 1: How To Setup Or Install The Canon Pixma E461 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA E461 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA E461, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA E461 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon E461 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA E461 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E461 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How To Setup Or Install The Canon Pixma E461 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA E461. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA E461 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA E461 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E461 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA E461 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for the installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA E461 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If the installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E461 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E461 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA E461 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter the username and password.
- Your printer (Canon E461) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA E461 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in a certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA E461 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon E461 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA E461 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
E461 Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)
E461 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
E461 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)
E461 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (OS X 10.6)
E461 MP Drivers Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a (Mac)
ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)
E461 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.80 (Windows)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Source file)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Source file)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.00 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
E461 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)
E461 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)