Canon PIXMA TR8550 Setup and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Canon TR8550 driver software is a type of system software that gives life to Canon TR8550 printer or scanner. The drivers allow all connected parts as well as external attachments to perform the prepared tasks according to the operating system directions. Without the proper motorists, the os would not assign any type of jobs. Here, We offer software, firmware, hand-operated pdf, and also chauffeur for Canon TR8550 by an appropriate installation overview.
PIXMA TR8550 automatically publishes duplex files to the touch of a time as well as paper conserving switch. The printers additionally have a two-way paper feed that allows printing from the back  and also front  of the printer, which indicates that the paper of various dimension can be loaded at a time. Paper threads sustain approximately 100 sheets of ordinary paper  so with a possible average paper capacity of 200-page A4, large papers can be published without having to refill the paper.
Publish in secs from social networking and also cloud storage like Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, One Drive and Instagram utilizing the integrated PIXMA Cloud link. Instantly upload scanned pdf as well as jpegs directly to preferred cloud solutions. Scan to the cloud is only offered to individuals of authentic Canon inks.
Canon PIXMA TR8550 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.10.5 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon Pixma Tr8550 Specifications
Print Speed (up to)
4″ x 6″ Photo: Approx. 37 seconds (Borderless)
Black:ESAT: Approx. 15.0 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx. 10.0 ipm
Number of Nozzles
Color: 3,072 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 4,096
Print Resolution (Up to)
Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
PGI-580 Pigment Black Ink
CLI-581 Dye Based InksINK TANK & FILL VOLUME
PGI-580 PGBK : 11.2 ml (Std.) , 18.5 ml (XL) , 25.7 ml (XXL)
CLI-581 BK, C, M, Y : 5.6 ml (Std.) , 8.3 ml (XL) , 11.7 ml (XXL)
4″x6″, 5″x5″ Square, 5″x7″, 8″x10″, Letter, Legal, U.S.#10 Envelopes
Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High-Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Other: U.S. #10 Envelopes
AirPrint, Auto 2-Sided (Duplex) Printing, Auto Photo Fix II, Bluetooth Printing, Borderless Printing, Business Card Printing, Canon PRINT app, Document Printing, Document Removal Reminder, Easy PhotoPrint+, Google Cloud Print, Message In Print, Mobile Device Printing, Mopria Device Printing, My Image Garden, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link, Quiet Mode, Square Media Printing Support, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing
Output Tray Capacity
Rear Paper Tray: 100 Sheets of Plain Paper OR 20 Sheets of 4″ x 6″ / 10 Sheets of 5″ x 7″ Photo Paper
Front Paper Cassette: 100 Sheets of Plain Paper
Copy Speed (up to)
FCOT (Color): Approx. 19 seconds
Reduction / Enlargement
25% – 400%
20 Sheets of Letter Size Plain Paper / 5 Sheets of Legal Size Plain Paper
4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Borderless Copy, Collated Copy (ADF Only), Document Removal Reminder, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, ID Card Copy, Manual 2-Sided Copy With ADF, Photo Fade Restoration, Preset Copy Ratios, Standard Copy, Two-Sided Copy
Flatbed & ADF (Auto Document Feeder)
Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi (Optical)
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)
Auto Scan Mode, Attach to Email, Document Removal Reminder, Multi-Page PDF, Save to PC, Save to Memory Card1, Scan to Canon PRINT app, Wireless Scanning
Max. Document Size
Flatbed: 8.5″ x 11.7″ (A4/Letter)
ADF: 8.5″ x 14.0″ (Legal)
Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 Color Fax)
Transmission Speed (approx.)
Black: Approx. 3 seconds per page
Color: Approx. 60 seconds per page
Approx. 250 pages
Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Dial Search, Extra Fine Mode, Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
Media Card Support
SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, miniSDHC, microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
4.3″ LCD Touchscreen, 5-Color Individual Ink System, Auto Power On/Off, Canon PRINT app, Creative Park Premium, Energy Star Certified, PIXMA Cloud Link
Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
Mac: Mac OS X v10.10.5 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra)
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, and Amazon Fire devices
PictBridge (LAN/Wireless LAN)
Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
Memory Card Slot
Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Low Energy)
PIXMA TR8550 Wireless Home Office All-In-One Printer Driver
My Image Garden (Creative Filters, Full HD Movie Print, Image Correction/Enhance, Image Cropping, Red-Eye Correction, and scanning are accessed through My Image Garden)
Mobile App (iOs/Android)
Dimension (W x D x H)
Closed: 17.3″ (W) x 13.8″ (D) x 7.5″ (H)
With Paper Installed (Cassette): 17.3″ (W) x 14.4″ (D) x 7.5″ (H)
1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free 100% U.S.-based technical phone support.
The ChromaLife100 System protects your photos from fading up to:
· 100 Years Album Life, or
· 30 Years Behind Glass (Light Fastness), or
· 20 Years Without The Glass (Gas Fastness)
Step 1: How To Setup Or Install The Canon Pixma Tr8550 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA TR8550 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA TR8550, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA TR8550 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon TR8550 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA TR8550 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA TR8550 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How To Setup Or Install The Canon Pixma Tr8550 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA TR8550. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA TR8550 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA TR8550 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA TR8550 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA TR8550 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA TR8550 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA TR8550 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA TR8550 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA TR8550 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon TR8550) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA TR8550 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA TR8550 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon TR8550 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA TR8550 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
TR8550 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows)
TR8550 Software Package (Mac)
TR8550 XPS Printer Driver Ver.6.10a (Windows)
TR8550 MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.50 for Linux (Source file)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.50 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
ScanGear MP Ver. 3.50 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.50 for Linux (Source file)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.50 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.50 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)
TR8550 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)
TR8550 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)